Friday, September 28, 2018

Two Eagles


Two eagles landed on our morning shore
As the tide receded from the slippery rocks
Shoeless I sped out the waiting door
Where steady rain drenched my ageing locks.

I spied them, hushed by solemn calm
As stillness filled the air around
No motion should cause undue alarm
Just being there without a sound.

They sat upon their perch with watchful eyes
Like statues carved without a flaw
Then one took flight into the misty skies
While I simply gazed in silent awe.

Its wings spread wide, its tail spread white
It floated upward with strength and ease
And quickly it was gone from sight
Its purpose other than to please.

The other lingered for yet a while it seemed
Then suddenly it too was gone away
As if I’d wakened from a welcome dream
With a wondrous beginning to a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Constructive ones preferred.