Wednesday, November 4, 2020

A First Snow Fall

 A first snowfall of the season always comes as a bit of a shock, at least for me. It is even more so when it arrives on November 3. 



To waken early with a rooftop outside one's bedroom window shining bright white in the moonlight is a sight to behold nonetheless. 

A drive up the south mountain outside of Annapolis Royal to an admonishing fiddle teacher's home was more than a little unsettling. I do not relish the thought of my poor Mini, which has the unnerving gall to ring a warning bell about the possibility of black ice, travelling on a winding slushy road. 

However, when I had contemplated cancelling the session, my teacher, a tough farmer of the female variety, had replied "Suck it up buttercup!" No self-respecting 70-year old male takes that lying down! 

And I do have to admit that the snow on the trees in the sunshine more than made up for my anxiety. The fiddle session went very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Constructive ones preferred.